1. Jukebox International Film Festival DOES NOT offer any discounts or fee waivers of any kind and asks that potential entrants not write to inquire about same;
2. Entrants must submit an online digital screener of their film. The filmmakers whose films are selected for inclusion in the Festival will be asked to send a high definition copy of their film via WeTransfer;
3. All submitted films must in some way relate to music as described in the Event Description. If you're not sure about your film qualifying, please feel free to send any questions you might have to the Festival;
4. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying online digital version in the accepted format. Films should, at a minimum, be in 1920 X 1080 resolution, use the h.264 video codec and be in either .MOV or .MP4 file format;
5. High resolution production stills or high resolution screen captures taken from your film, a log-line and short synopsis, along with the director’s full name and biography, are required for promotional use by the Festival;
6. Please be sure to note if your film will be any kind of premiere: World, U.S., West Coast, etc. In our first year, we were pleased to present one U.S. Premiere and two World Premiere films;
7. All entries must be in English or subtitled, unless special arrangements have been made with the Festival;
8. The Student fee option may only be used by entrants whose films were produced as bona fide student films. Additionally, entrant must provide proof that the film was produced while the entrant/filmmaker was a student. Documentation will be requested by the Festival and must be sent to the Festival at the listed email address. Failure to provide the required documentation will result in the film being disqualified from the Festival;
9. Exceptions to the Rules & Terms must be requested in writing and must be authorized by the Festival;
10. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the Festival use excerpts from their films for use in JIFF 2018 trailers, publicity and promotions. Jukebox International Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes;
11. The individual (or business entity) submitting the film hereby warrants that they have all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening, understands and accepts these requirements and regulations and must be able to provide said documentation to the Festival if so requested. Failure to produce requested documentation will result in disqualification. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for Festival screening whether it is accepted into other film festivals or not. The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless Jukebox International Film Festival from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred due to any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, and screening;
12. Jukebox International Film Festival, may at its own discretion, notify filmmakers of "Official Selection" status prior to the published "Notification Date;"
13. Award winners not present shall be responsible for all shipping costs related to sending their awards and prizes to them. Shipping costs will be provided to the winners after the festival closes. Upon receipt of payment to the Festival, the awards and prizes will be shipped;
14. Jukebox International Film Festival reserves the right to revise these Rules & Terms without notice. Reasonable efforts will be used by the Festival to inform all entrants of any changes before the start of the Festival;
15. Additional Terms and Conditions may apply.
Revised on April 30, 2018.